Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Forms

Form responses too large to download as CSV

I have two forms on a site one has 500 responses which I can click the download CSV and that downloads all ok. However, the other form stored responses is 14,000, so timing out when trying to download CSV. When trying to export direct from the database the data is JSON encrypted. How do I get this data out? or is there a way to increase download CSV capability?

Mark Watts

Mark Watts 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

When you say it's timing out, what happens? Are you getting a hard timeout error? If so, have you increased the limit?

It goes to this url: https://mydomain.co.uk/admin/addons/apps/perch_forms/responses/export/?id=1

With this error: The mydomain.co.uk page isn’t working mydomain.co.uk is currently unable to handle this request.

How do I increase the limit?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It depends what limit it's hitting. That sounds very much like your browser rather than the server. Have you checked your error log?

Our support team have managed to extra the data direct from the database now :o) thanks

FYI Apparently they bumped up the memory on the server temporarily, and downloaded via perch in the normal way. Not direct from the database.