Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Duplicate Privileges

Hi Drew

I have a client who has said they can not upload assets even though I have set their privileges to enable it. When I logged in to double check, I can see there are duplicated privileges for the role (in this case, Editor). Some aren't duplicated at all, some 3 times, some 4. Create Navigation Groups is listed 7 times! It's the same for other roles too.

The site is on 2.8.10 so not the extreme latest, but I'm guessing that this is why the privileges settings don't seem to be working. Just wondered if you'd come across this before?

Thanks, Michael

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Duplicates possibly point to a database issue, but the update should sort that out. Let us know!

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Drew

Just updated. Unfortunately it made no difference.

Assets, categories and pages are the sections with the duplicates. All other sections are fine. There we no errors as part of the upgrade so I'm a little stumped. I could remove them manually from the database table. Is it just perch2_user_privileges I'd have to worry about?

Oddly, I've just noticed that in that table, the privID goes up to 98. Before the update it went up to 79. In the perch2_user_role_privileges table, the privID only reaches 68. That's not quite right is it...?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That sounds about right if there are duplicates. After logging back in, did the update run?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Drew

The update did indeed run. I'm thinking of removing the users and the roles (there are only 3 as it's not live for another couple of weeks) to get back to just my login and admin role, clean it up and re-add them. Not sure what else to try really. It might at least give me a clue as to what is happening when re-adding them, if it happens again of course.

Unless there is something else I should look at before doing that?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It should be safe to delete the duplicates. There should be an index on the table to prevent it - I'm not sure how that's missing on your copy.

The same issue has appeared in my version of perch (most recent, just updated). Haven't tried removing from the database yet - did they return when after you cleared them Michael?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hello Kevin

Wow, old thread! I removed the duplicates and have never had the same issue again.

Probably best to start a new thread if the issues continue for you.

Cheers.