Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Blog

Multiple Blog Apps not working since upgrade to v5.6.1

I know that this will get shotdown for not being supported, but quite often I have a requirement for a site where the Blog App, can be used as the basis to power alternative content modules and as such, it needs to be renamed to something like 'News' for example.

Whilst I understand once I complete a find and replace on the word 'Blog' and 'blog' within the app and change it to 'News' and 'news', the app cannot be supported.

This is fine as, in general, I can develop using the actual Blog app and then transfer changes to the 'News', 'Stories' or whatever I want to call the app.

Obviously, for this installation, I am not using Runway, which can circumnavigate some of this.

Normallay, everything works fine, but since completing all the core and app updates on one of my clients site, I get an error, relating to the 'ComposerAutoloaderInit' and the file 'vendor\autoload.php'.

I initially managed to circumnavigate this for the second 'blog' app installation, just by changing the 'ComposerAutoloaderInit' tag within the file 'vendour\composer\autoload_real.php'.

By adding an extra digit within this, the site runs two newly named perhc_blog apps.

Oddly, if I add a third, it will not allow the same trick to be used.

I would be suprised if I am the only one renaming perch_blog to be a different 'app' as it were and as such, has anyone else run into this problem ?

Thanks,

Andy

Andrew Kennedy

Andrew Kennedy 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is there a reason not to use the multiple blogs functionality in Runway? This is why we developed it.

Hi Drew, I mentioned in the above post that I wasn not using Runway, but didn't say I was on Perch v3.0.10. Apologies.

Sorry, I should have put the diagnostic report in there as well.

I can get it all working with two 'blog apps' -> perch_news and perch_patientstories, but adding the third is too much.

Maybe the solution is an upgrade to Perch Runway ?

Perch: 3.0.10, PHP: 7.0.4, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: f59eb767fe17a6679589b5c076d9fa88d3d4eac0 $, with PDO Server OS: WINNT, apache2handler Installed apps: content (3.0.10), assets (3.0.10), categories (3.0.10), perch_events (1.9.5), perch_forms (1.9.1), perch_news (5.6.1), perch_patientstories (5.6.1), perch_resources (5.0), perch_twitter (3.7), perch_fundraisingstories (5.6.1) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_twitter', 'perch_forms', 'perch_events', 'perch_news', 'perch_resources', 'perch_fundraisingstories', 'perch_patientstories' ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin PERCH_PATH: C:\KDL-Projects\Open\kdl_ThrombosisUK\website\www\admin PERCH_CORE: C:\KDL-Projects\Open\kdl_ThrombosisUK\website\www\admin\core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: C:\KDL-Projects\Open\kdl_ThrombosisUK\website\www\admin\resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 128M F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807 Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: thrombosisuk.kdl DOCUMENT_ROOT: C:/KDL-Projects/Open/kdl_ThrombosisUK/website/www REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Our supported solution for multiple blogs is Runway. You can download it and try it out for free to get an idea if it'll solve the problem you're trying to solve.

Thanks Drew, I understand where you are coming from.

I will be putting a package together to the client to suggest an upgrade to Runway, as this will also afford some further expansion and increase in features.