Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Lost all assets after update to 2.7.2

Just update to Perch 2.7.2 and uploaded a few more assets.

All the assets upload prior to the update have now disappeared. Any ideas as to why and how to get them back, they are all still in the resources folder.

many thanks

Rich

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Hi Rich, we're going to need a bit more information to help.

Which version did you update from?

Can we see your Diagnostics Report?

What do you mean by disappeared? From the content they were in, or from Assets? When did they disappear?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What do you see under Assets?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

Only the 12 images I uploaded after the update

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Your page is throwing 404s on the images - are you sure they're in the resources folder as you say? Your web server seems to disagree.

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

Yes, you're right, they are no longer in resources folder, I think they must have been cleaned up.

Any idea why this happened as I definitely didn't delete them?

Fortunately I can replace them quite easily as there were only about 20, but I don't want this to happen again.

many thanks

Rich

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'm presuming it all went smoothly on your dev site first?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

This is actually where I'm developing the site, it hasn't been moved as still under construction. Everything was fine until I did the update earlier.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ah ok.

Is there anything in your PHP error log that might give us a clue? Obviously this isn't something everybody is experiencing, so we need to find out what's unique about your environment. Such a minor update shouldn't be a likely cause of anything like this.

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

Right, I now have a bigger problem, I can't re-upload the missing images. If I upload a file with the same file name as those which vanished, then I can see the image once again in the assets, but when I select one of these images for inclusion in a page, then nothing is created in the resources folder. If I select a new image, then I am able to use this new asset. It seems that all my original 12 treatment items need to have all their file names changed and then uploaded in order for them to be used again.

I hope this makes sense. No need to answer this on a Sunday but hope I can resolve this soon. If it helps, I can send you login details to the admin area to see issue.

regards

Richard

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Did you upload an empty resources folder in place of your full one?

Do you have a backup?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

No, only the Perch - Core folder

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you have a backup?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

Only the physical files, unfortunately not db, my mistake. I can get round this by changing all the file names and re-uploading, but would be good to get to the bottom of it to avoid it happening again. Might see if I can retrieve on a another dev domain.

Similar thing has happened to me, was doing some development on a fresh install of Runway 2.7.2 upgraded to 2.7.3 yesterday, everything was fine.

Just doing some work and I've lost lots of assets. Some are still listed in the Assets panel but with not found links and others are just completely gone. (They're also no longer in the resources folder).