Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Shop questions

It's been so long since I worked on a shop I'm having trouble working some things out - searching the docs hasn't answered these questions so apologies if I missed them somewhere:

• Can sales be restricted to certain countries?
  • With shipping, can you create a catch all type thing - for instance: If my client sets shipping rates for various UK delivery types and then wants to do a 'rest of the world' type thing, is this possible?
Mathew Doidge

Mathew Doidge 2 points

• 3 years ago
Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

With shipping, can you create a catch all type thing - for instance: If my client sets shipping rates for various UK delivery types and then wants to do a 'rest of the world' type thing, is this possible?

You can achieve this by creating 2 zones: one for the UK and another with no countries selected and setting it as the default zone. If the shipping address doesn't fall under the UK zone, the default zone will be used.

This is the explanation from the docs:

You should always configure one default zone. This is the zone that’s used when none of your other zones prove to be a more specific match for the customer’s shipping location. The most basic configuration would have one zone, set to be the default. The default zone doesn’t need to pick any countries from the list.