Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Postmark configuration

Hello, I configured runway to send emails with Postmark and while locally works perfectly, in production it gives SMTP connect() failed. ... Locally I use a docker image with PHP 7.1.3 and the production server is a Siteground PHP 7.0.25. I've tired with Ports 25, 2525 and 587 but all of them fail. Anyone has an idea where to start looking or what to ask Siteground people for?

Proko Mountrichas

Proko Mountrichas 3 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I would probably ask them if they know a reason you can't get an outgoing SMTP connection on posts 25, 2525 or 587.

Thanks Drew, they opened some ports in the firewall and it now works. However I need some help with the shop emails. I can´t make them work. So after a purchase I want a confirmation to go to the customer and a notification to the admin. So I create the corresponding emails in the admin panel one with recipient customer and another with recipient admin. Also tried the Bcc option. But so far I have not made it send both emails.

Is there any example documentation?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You don't need to create those emails - they should already exist. If they don't then you may have a problem with your installation.

You mean in admin area under shop --- emails? I don't remember if I deleted them but if I did isn't there a way to recreate them?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you can recreate them. Do you have order statuses?

Yes, statuses are in place. We actually only use the "Paid" status and would like to send emails for this one.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That should be fine then - make sure you set the email for that status.

The problem was I copied the order_paid.html template from the app to the templates directory as we normally do when we want to override a template. Didn't notice there were some sub-templates included in it. And without debug mode turned on, I didn't realise the call to the sub-templates where failing. In case anybody gets to the same situation, pay extra attention to the templates!