Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Error on migration

Hello. I'm trying to migrate a Perch site to a new server. I've migrated the files and I'm trying to migrate the database.

I've downloaded the database using SQL Buddy. When I try to upload to my new hosting via Navicat, I get the following error:

[Execute Batch log]
Server: Annesley and Felley
Database: annesley_perch
Batch file: /Users/paulbell/Documents/Work/Annesley and Felley PC/Backup/export2.sql
(2016-11-18 15:34:02) execution started
(2016-11-18 15:34:09) execution finished
went through 64 queries
6 errors encountered
Error at query 8: BLOB/TEXT column 'postDescRaw' used in key specification without a key length
Error at query 9: Table 'annesley_perch.perch2_blog_posts' doesn't exist
Error at query 28: BLOB/TEXT column 'itemSearch' used in key specification without a key length
Error at query 29: Table 'annesley_perch.perch2_content_items' doesn't exist
Error at query 32: BLOB/TEXT column 'eventDescRaw' used in key specification without a key length
Error at query 33: Table 'annesley_perch.perch2_events' doesn't exist

Following this, Perch does run, but I'm missing the content, (and presumably blog posts and events).

Diagnostic report:

Perch: 2.8.32, PHP: 5.6.28, MySQL: 5.6.33, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, litespeed
Installed apps: content (2.8.32), assets (2.8.32), categories (2.8.32), perch_blog (5.0), perch_events (1.9.1), perch_forms (1.8.2)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_events', 'perch_forms' ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/ann0008/public_html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/ann0008/public_html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/ann0008/public_html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 16M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 16M
F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.annesleyfelley-pc.org.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/ann0008/public_html
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Paul Bell

Paul Bell 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We can't assist with migrating your database as this isn't a Perch issue but a MySQL one (and we've never heard of SQL Buddy). I'd suggest contacting the developer of that tool, or your host who would be in a better place to assist.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Do you have access to phpMyAdmin on both platforms? Downloading the database and and uploading it is fairly straight forward.