Forum

Thread tagged as: Members

Members App Profile Update

I have set up perch members app on a website and have set up the ability to update the persons profile.

The registration form includes a checkbox to indicate if the person wishes to receive email notifications. However when you update the profile and uncheck the option and click save although the form is successfully processed the checkbox stays checked.

Is there any way of stopping this?

Also is there any way to see the full details a member has entered within the backend of the members app and not just their email? The registration form includes their address etc.

Neil Irwin

Neil Irwin 1 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Not currently, but the Members app is next on my list for updates.

Thanks for the update.

Is it possible to automatically log a user in when they register?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are they set to require approval?

No it isn't set to require approval.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, we'll take a look when this app is updated.

Looking forward to the members update, I'm sure this has been asked for before but if we can add same fields manually via the CMS as the registration form i.e First Name, Surname etc that would be great.

Thanks Drew

I take it that it cant currently be done?

Its for an online shop so when the user goes through the checkout they register and ideally they would be automatically logged in on the submission of their registration form.

Also is it possible to have more than one login form template?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You can add as many fields as you need to the registration and profile forms.

Sorry Neil, I have hijacked your post, @drew you currently have no control over the fields when adding members via the CMS, or am I missing something?

Drew McLellan said:

Not currently, but the Members app is next on my list for updates.

Do you have a time frame in mind?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We don't publish timescales because we don't want people relying on something being shipped by a certain date. It's next on the list in terms of app updates. When we actually ship it depends on which features make the cut and the million other things that have to be dealt with here :)