Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, Members

Membership App

Just a very quick question please. Does the membership app allow for different members to log in using their own credentials to access their own area? If so, I'll download and try and figure out how! Many thanks, Martin

Martin Dady

Martin Dady 0 points

• 5 years ago

Yes, but this allows them to access pages which are restricted by tags, not into admin. For admin they are users. Members are for content restriction.

Thanks Robert!

Martin,

You can set it up to allow members to access their own area also, it's a bit of a simple workaround but I have done it a few times now.

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for that useful bit of information, however, I'm going around in circles here as there really is no tutorial explaining how to get the app to work.

If I know it can be done, I'll perservere.

Martin

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What problem are you having?

I think it's my understanding of how the process works.

I want different users to register (or be registered by an admin) and have their own page that contains information for them and them alone. Others mustn't be able to see this information.

I know the app can do it, but it's just getting my head around the process and how to implement it.

I learn best from watching tutorials but understand that isn't always available on free apps.

I'll clear my head and start afresh.

Hi Martin,

If you read further down this thread, this is how I achieve it, if you get stuck let me know,

https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/06-24-2015-client-area-using-tags-or-members-email-address-any-suggestions

Lee

Thanks Lee.

I'll study that and get in touch if I get stuck. Many thanks for your help.

Martin