Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation

License key isn't valid for this domain

I'm currently being forced to use the prospect's existing hosting. The initial attempt failed as PHP Sessions were not enabled or working. Once the host said they were working, we tried again but it still failed. I think the session.save_path was invalid. I've done an override in .user.ini to set session.save_path = /tmp and this appears to have got around that issue.

I'm now trying to log in and get the red message 'Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain'. I've double-checked the key and the domain and they seem to be correct. I've now switched on debug and get the info below. Is this telling me that cURL is not set up or configured correctly? Or could it be something else?

Debug Message - Perch 3.0.11
[1] SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch3_users u, perch3_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND userUsername='xxxxx' LIMIT 1
User exists, checking password.
Stronger password hash.
Password is ok.
Activating via CURL
{"result":"FAILURE"}
Activation: failed
UPDATE perch3_users SET userFailedLoginAttempts=5, userLastFailedLogin='2017-11-21 14:46:28' WHERE userID='1'
Writing auth fail to log.
[9] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch3_settings WHERE userID=0
Queries: 4
Memory: 1.0236
Graham Street

Graham Street 17 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is this an upgrade from a Perch 2 site?

Its a brand new website that we'll be developing for a new customer. Its a new copy of Perch 3 that I've just copied to the hosting server. If you're checking things your end, the domain name is in my Perch account and starts with 'arundel'.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, I thought that was probably yours. You're using a Perch 2 license key with Perch 3.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Hmm, but that should work! Taking another look...

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Give it another try. It looks like you had some hidden whitespace characters in the domain field, which I've now tried to remove.

Done and it now works fine. Not sure how they got there. I initially pasted the domain name from the browser command line. When it failed, I cut/pasted the domain from the Perch red error message just in case I'd done the initial paste wrongly. How odd. Anyway, it works now thanks.