Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Runway

Runway Collection Suggestion

Hello,

It would be great to have the ability to set a collection item to be disabled.

We are currently re-building an e-commerce site in Runway, we have all the items in a collection called products we are then using categories to put those items in the proper areas. Now say we have an item that we no longer want to sell, but in the future "may" bring it back onto the website. Right now we have to delete the item so it doesn't show up in the listing of products on the website, so instead of just deleting it and losing the data, just have a feature where you can just disable the item from the collection and then can be brought back in at a later date with just a flick of a switch or something.

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon Livengood

Brandon Livengood 1 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Why not add a checkbox and then filter on it?

The reason I was thinking this way is so that I can see what items are disabled in the products list by maybe the item changes color or something that indicates that it is disabled, prior to clicking into the actual item.

The checkbox thing would work, but just thinking from a more user friendly stand point for the content editors.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You could add it to the listing from the collection options.

I'm not quite sure I follow what you are saying.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Under the collection, go to Options, and then add the field ID to the "Item list column IDs" field.

Awesome :)