Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Perch multilingual site solution

I read the https://docs.grabaperch.com/perch/building/how-do-i-create-a-multilingual-site/

Do you have any suggestion which one is good for SEO. I know having a splash screen is bad for SEO practices (#1).

So what I did was to have all default language for the domain is to have the root pages, and other languages set-up as /no, fr, etc...

The only problem I encounter is the search function for each language. You can use path for other language, but not the default language.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Edward Johansen

Edward Johansen 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

This probably isn't the best place to seek SEO advice.

To be honest with you, I really like Perch as a designer/developer. But, the answer you are giving is absurd. Perch charge client, which are not cheap, and that is the best answer you can give? Come on.

Sorry if i#m being rude, But I cannot give the same answer to my clients.

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

Hello Edward,

I think Drew was just being straight with you. They are not SEO experts and thus cannot advise you on SEO practices for multilingual sites. It is not a Perch-specific problem.

The only Perch-specific part in your enquiry is regarding the search and if you open a thread about this specifically, they'll be able to help you.

I cannot give the same answer to my clients.

Imagine your client seeking your advice on what topics they should post about on their fashion/medical/alchemy/any-industry-you're-not-an-expert-on blog just because you built the website. You'll probably tell them you're not the best person to ask.