Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Repeater > Multipe Image Drag and Drop sort not saving

Hi there,

I have an item with a few repeating fields.

When a CMS user clicks to drag a sub-item within that repeater to change the order in which it appears on the front-end of the site, it seems to work at first but then on page save or refresh it becomes apparent that the sort order has snapped back to the position it was in previous to the change.

Any help is much appreciated! Perch version 2.7.2.

Note: This is a Shared region

Tommy Biglow

Tommy Biglow 0 points

• 7 years ago

Add'l info:

Currently I am using perch_content (not perch_content_custom) and this content is being displayed on the home page.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you try with the current version of Perch?

Updated to 2.7.4 but still having issues.

It almost seems that nothing is being written or saved to the database but perchtest and perch setup ran fine. Would it be easier for me to create a user for you to login and quickly check?

It might also be important to note that the development server was windows based and the issues are turning up on the live server which runs on linux.

Turned on debug and found this useful bit of information:

Array ( [type] => 2 [message] => Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. [file] => Unknown [line] => 0 )

Now I just need to figure out where to add that. I'm running PHP version 5.4.19 and creating php.ini or php5.ini in the root folder doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Contents of php.ini files: max_input_vars = 10000

For anyone else with this issue: I managed to solve my problem by downgrading to php version 5.3. Not sure what the deal is with changing the php.ini max_input_vars but could be related to shared hosting.

Thanks for the support Drew! Problem solved for now :)

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We would not suggest downgrading to an end-of-lifed and far slower version of PHP. Instead, ask your host where you need to adjust the max_input_vars setting.

Ah, thanks for the advice Rachel. I'll have to check in with my host. Do you have any recommendations other than a php.ini file in the root?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

That would depend entirely on your hosting config so I'm not the person to ask.