Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Configuration, Third-party

Weird problem with Vagrant Share

Hi, I'm trying to share a local development site using Vagrant Share. Vagrant says everything is ok, and I can connect to my site using the URL it provides, but there's no CMS-controlled content. Anything that's hard-coded in a template is visible, ie. the <head> and general markup of the page, but anything CMS-controlled is just not there. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I appreciate that this might be a Vagrant issue rather than a Perch one, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here's my Perch diagnostic report:

Perch: 3.0.8, PHP: 5.6.14-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.8), assets (3.0.8), categories (3.0.8), perch_blog (5.5.1), perch_forms (1.9.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', 'perch_blog' );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/public/perch
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/public/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/public/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 2M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: 192.168.33.10
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/public
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Will Wallace

Will Wallace 0 points

• 2 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are the URLs different between this and whatever you had before?

Hi Drew, I'm not sure what you mean by "before"? This is the first time I've tried to use Vagrant Share to share the site with a client.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I mean before you started using vagrant.

I think we've got our wires crossed here - there's a difference between Vagrant (the VM manager) and Vagrant Share (the ngrok tunnelling feature which is part of Vagrant).

Anyway I think I've found the cause, if not the solution. The database connection details in my perch config change depending on the http_host - which changes when I'm trying to access the site via vagrant share.

Sorry to bother you Drew, feel free to mark this thread as closed.