Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Forms

Form automatic file clearing

Following on from my other thread, I was poking around on my server and it looks like the files sent by my client's clients via those forms aren't being cleared from the server after the form submission is removed in the CMS.

Their clients send them files via the forms, which is why they clear them down, so that Perch then removes them from the server

I thought this behaviour would mirror the removing of an asset, where the asset is cleared after a short while (assuming it's not marked as a 'library file'). Should this be the case? Not sure whether this is a bug or a feature request :D

Thanks for taking a look,

Martin.

Martin Underhill

Martin Underhill 5 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It sounds like you have very specific requirements of how forms should be handled. The Forms app is designed to be a quick and simple way to set up basic contact forms. If your needs are different from that, you might need to look outside this app.

I guess so. No big deal – I'll just periodically jump in and clear down the files their clients have sent them that they've already picked up. Thanks for keeping me right :)