Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration, Runway

Perch runway backup

I moved a site into production and i now can not create a backup, i can see the backups created by the staging domain when i choose restore.

what happens is i click backup now and i get a blank page with the last piece of the url being - perch/core/settings/backup/?id=4

I have the latest version of dropbox and perch installed.

Have you seen this before?

regards,

Brett

Brett Warne

Brett Warne 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you are getting a blank page then you have a PHP error, take a look in the error log and see what it is. If that doesn't help then post the error back here.

Hi

I have bee back and forward with our hosts, can you tell me what script runs to do the dropbox backup, we think it is being blocked.

regards,

brett

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's not as simple as one script. Can you show us your diagnostics report?

Hi Drew

I set up a cron job to run the Secret, it fails every time with No secret found. See https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/scheduled-tasks/ for configuration instructions.

that takes me to the perch secret documentation which states that you need to add the define('PERCH_SCHEDULE_SECRET', 'mysecret'); to the perch/config/config.php

In the Runway doco is has define('PERCH_SCHEDULE_SECRET', 'mysecret'); in the perch/config/config.local.php file. I have added it to both and it does not make any difference, even if i run the https://yoursite.com/perch/core/scheduled/run.php?secret=mysecret I get a blank page.

when i enter the backup page i get this

Debug Message
SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='cf71e935e3e4c740b0cb3026b71c7ed6' LIMIT 1
UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='36df5bfdfbe4e88042609e6273cce1c3' WHERE userID=1
SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p
SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID
SELECT collectionID, collectionKey FROM perch2_collections WHERE collectionInAppMenu=1 ORDER BY collectionOrder ASC
SELECT * FROM perch2_backup_plans WHERE planID=6 LIMIT 1
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT * FROM perch2_backup_runs WHERE planID=6 ORDER BY runDateTime DESC LIMIT 0, 20
SELECT FOUND_ROWS() AS `count`
Queries: 0

but when i run the backup all i get is a blank page with perch/core/settings/backup/?id=6 in the url

Regards,

Brett

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Did you look in the PHP error log? A blank page is indicative of a PHP error and the message will more than likely allow us to help you.

Hi Rachel

There is nothing in th PHP logs because our provider is stopping whatever outbound scripts are running, also i am confused as to why the secret can not be seen, they are obviously stopping that as well, they are quite happy to open any programs/ports that we need.

Regards,

Brett

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you show us the line from your crontab?

Hi php /home/dada1515/public_html/perch/core/scheduled/run.php c8otmj6urhcz8lrs

Regards

Brett

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you request the scheduled task script using the URL provided in the control panel - does that work?

Hi

No, I get the same blank screen.

Regards

Brett

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'd expect a blank screen. Does the backup run?

No, it doesn't

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does the 'backup now' option work?

No, same blank screen, there are no errors so my provider is probably blocking some scripts, Where should i ask them to decrease the security

Also i can see the backed up files that i created from my other accounts, when i choose restore they are retrieved.

I haven't tried to restore them as the are out of date.

Regards,

Brett

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you able to test this on a reliable platform? If the host is blocking software from running, then it's going to be really difficult for us to help.

I have run perch on this platform for 2 years, this is the only issue i have ever had, no issues with twitter feeds, only the backup, what files do i need to unbloock, is it the run.php?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What are they doing technically when something is 'blocked' ?

I dont know, I am stuck in the middle, all I know is that the backup to Dropbox is not being executed and there are no errors, so whatever happens to run the Dropbox backup is being blocked.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does it work on your dev copy of the site?

Yes and locally.