Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Blog

Blog Posting or updates - Not Possible after upgrade?

Evening,

I’ve run into a small problem this evening. I’ve just gone to update my blog with a rather important promo post and it’s giving the following error. I’ve also provided the diags from my instalation. I’ve tried updating an existing post and adding a new one and I get the error.

I’d really appreciate your help as I was hoping to get this out there for tomorrow.

Thanks as always.

Regards

Rob

Error Message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function return_instance() on a non-object in /homepages/30/d205476839/htdocs/colconquerors/colconquerors2011/perch/core/lib/api/PerchAPI_Form.class.php on line 423

Perch Diags

Perch: 2.8.18, PHP: 5.5.30, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.18), assets (2.8.18), categories (2.8.18), perch_blog (4.5.2), perch_mailchimp (2.0.1) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_mailchimp', ); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /homepages/30/d205476839/htdocs/colconquerors/colconquerors2011/perch PERCH_CORE: /homepages/30/d205476839/htdocs/colconquerors/colconquerors2011/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /homepages/30/d205476839/htdocs/colconquerors/colconquerors2011/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 40M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 120M, Total max file upload: 8M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: www.colconquerors.com DOCUMENT_ROOT: /kunden/homepages/30/d205476839/htdocs/colconquerors/colconquerors2011 REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Rob Hawkins

Rob Hawkins 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

It looks like your Blog App is out of date.

Can you make sure you are up to date and then let us know if the problem still exists?

okay - never updated that before how best to go about it?

Thanks Rob

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Just replace the app folder. You should make sure any apps are also up to date if you update Perch.

Should I just download the latest version and replace the files?

Serious I'm nervous about this because I don't want to mess this up this evening. I've already had to rebuild a laptop this week, crashed the car and I can't have another issue!

Help appreciated.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Yes, that's right. Your error message is because you are running a new version of Perch but haven't updated your apps. You need to make sure the apps you use are up to date.

I would first:

• do a backup
  • try this on a local development version

Ok so I've done the upgrade and it I've got 2 BLOG menu items now. In the main nav it looks like "BLOGBLOG" and then there are two blogs in the list below. Why would that be?

Thanks!

Rob

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Did you delete the old folder or have you renamed it and left it on the server?

Renamed for safety!

I'll remove it :-)

C'est parfait - Merci !!