Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Main Perch Site problem

Drew, sometime in the past week I have noticed a change in how the main (grabaperch.com) website responsiveness is displaying the pages.

On my iPad, iPhone 6 Plus when off canvas menu opens the page slides to right as it always did, but then the now open menu and the main content rescale and the menu becomes rather tiny. I am not sure if this was intentional changes or something else caused it.

If you need screenshot or other information I can provide.

Robert Ketter

Robert Ketter 103 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's not something we can reproduce here, I'm afraid.

Ok, I tried in both chrome and safari and both do exactly the same. I will verify my devices are completely up to date and post back my findings. Thank You.

So I verified the software is up to date on my iPad mini (2) retina then I visit www.grabaperch.com in safari. I click menu, the off canvas menu opens, after a delay of about 1.5 seconds the entire screen including the off canvas re-scales and the off canvas goes to small print.

Then, using chrome on the same iPad produces exactly the same results.

I have discovered going to grabaperch.com/update the menu does not produce the same results.

https://tinypic.com/r/5vq8o8/9

https://tinypic.com/r/21o8myq/9

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which one of those shows the problem? They both look ok to me!

The first link shows the extended off canvas plus the full content div. because the re-scaling happens after the off-canvas the menu becomes quite small. Normally the content doc does not re-scale when off-canvas opens therefore off canvas displays across about 2/3 of the screen and the overflow of the main content becomes hidden (rather then Re-scaling)

The second image shows off-canvas as it normally works, but for some reason the off-canvas of the main page is not working the same.

If everything seems ok on your side then I guess it ok here too. It just wasn't always this way, so therefore I wanted to let you know it changed.