Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Slack and Perch shop

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with the Slack invite to get to the Perch team? I have put my email address in multiple times to get an invite but nothing arrives, not in junk or anywhere. I have had an email conversation with Rachel but it comes down to me not being in the Perch team.

Has anyone had success with it? Or, is there another way I can do it through Slack itself? By the way, I'd not used Slack before this so there may be stuff in there that I haven't discovered yet.

Thanks.

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I think your invite must be going to spam - we can see you have been invited. You need to join Slack as that is where the beta discussions are happening we don't have the resources to discuss things in multiple channels.

I've had Slack invites go into spam before.

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Rachel

Thank you and yes I agree, keep it all in one place to chat. Just wish I could get in! I've gone through all my spam email but there is nothing there. Oddly, I asked a staff member to try as well but he also had no joy. Hopefully, it's not the domain being blocked.

I've just tried again with my outlook.com email address. Nothing arrived yet but will give it an hour or so in case it's in a queue somewhere...

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Rachel/Drew

Still no luck I'm afraid. I have now tried 2 email addresses, a staff member has tried 2 as well and we're just not getting any emails from Slack. We've tried my company domain plus outlook.com and gmail.com and looked in the junk/spam folders of all but no sign at all.

I am sorry to repeat myself about this but we are building an online shop with the new app (not released yet so gamma is fine for them putting in the shops products) and just want the latest version.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I just tested with my Gmail address which was not already registered, the email came immediately. This does appear to be a mail issue at your end.

We can see that your address has been invited. You can't participate in the gamma without being in Slack - while it is lovely that people want to get started with Shop essentially the gamma is for our benefit, to get real test cases, so we need people to be in the Slack working with us on it.

Maybe contact Slack support?

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Rachel

Ok, I'll try and contact Slack support. It is really weird. I'll try again later on a different computer on a different internet connection. I know that sounds daft, but I can't think of anything else. The only thing the same here in my office is the internet connection.

Thanks for the reply. I'll get there one way or another!

Hi Michael I had the same issue with not receiving slack invites. I even temporarily turned our spam filters off but no luck. Ended up entering in my gmail address which worked, joined the perch chat on Slack and then changed my email address in my slack account to my main one.

However, now I'm on Slack how do I actually download shop???

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Rachel/Drew

Well, the negotiations with the Slack support team worked. They ran a few tests, I ran a few tests, they then ran a few more...and all of a sudden I got my invite through email from last week! Not sure what happened or why it was held up but they did get it working for me.

Happily logged in now...

By the way, hats off to their support team. They were very good indeed.

I have also been unable to get a Slack invite, and it's not in my spam folder.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Hi Shane - as you can see from the above thread this is not something we can control. You would need to speak to Slack support to see why that is happening.

I tried entering a @gmail.com address and received the invite right away. Looks like Slack doesn't like custom domain email addresses.

EDIT: Also, I already had a forgotten Slack account associated with the email address I was using, so that probably had something to do with it, too!