Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway, Blog

Multiple blogs, routing and Setting blog URL in General Settings

I'm testing out multiple blogs on Runway. So far so good. I've created three blogs and a posted a couple of test post in each.

With the 3 separate blogs, each has its own name and therefore gets its own slug.

1. blog
  2. special-name-blog
  3. branded-blog-name

Its working fine that I can set them up as separate "blogs" on the site (while also being able to combine them into one master blog), with urls something like this:

/blog/
/program/special-name-blog/
/studentgroup/branded-blog-name/

I can use

<?php
    perch_blog_custom([
        'count'      => 10,
        'sort'       => 'postDateTime',
        'sort-order' => 'DESC',
        'blog'       => 'special-name-blog',
    ]);
?>

to display them on their own unique page. So far everything is working well.

Here is where I get confused. I apologize if I'm not writing this clearly.

In diagnostics there is a Blog post page path. I don't see how to override this setting for postURL yet.

Does each blog go to the same post page for each blog, or is that optional? Can each blog can be totally self-contained yet? Wondering how to pull that off.

With perch_blog apps there a number of templates that may need their url updated. Should I duplicate each set of templates for each blog under its own custom named folder to I can point to its own url and customize look and feel?

For multiple blogs, should I expect to create unique pages for each blog (especially if unique for look and feel), and they would need their own own routing rules set too, yes?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch Runway: 2.8.18, PHP: 5.5.26, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.18), assets (2.8.18), categories (2.8.18), collection_8 (2.8.18), perch_blog (5.0), collection_4 (2.8.18), perch_events (1.9.2), perch_kraken (1.0), collection_1 (2.8.18), collection_6 (2.8.18), collection_5 (2.8.18), perch_podcasts (1.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_events', 'perch_podcasts', 'perch_blog', ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /Users/scottgruber/git/ioes-site/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Users/scottgruber/git/ioes-site/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/scottgruber/git/ioes-site/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 32M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: dev.environment.ucla.edu:8888
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/scottgruber/git/ioes-site
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Scott Gruber

Scott Gruber 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You can structure it however you prefer. You can add fields from the blog to the post URL setting, or you can skip using that option entirely and create your links manually. It's completely up to you.