Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Hosting

"No space left on device (28)" Hosting Error?

Hello,

A client of ours is all of a sudden getting this error when on the login page (and can't login): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/292039/ncs-error.png we can't recreate it here and so I'm having trouble helping him out! I've contacted Media Temple who, so far, haven't really known what to do.

Any help would be appreciated...

Kind Regards, Lea.

Lea Chapman

Lea Chapman 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I don't understand why Media Temple are confused by this error. It's straightforward.

PHP can't write to your session folder because it is full, "No space left on device".

Thanks Rachel - I thought so, spent around 20 mins with support. He "deleted some files from the /tmp directory" to see if that helps but didn't. Any reason why I can't see the error but my client can - it's frustrating that I need to call them to see if we've fixed it (when we haven't) as we look stupid.

Any pointers so I can get them to do their job would be appreciated :) thank you.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I don't know the answer I'm afraid, you need to work with the host to fix it as that error isn't coming from Perch so there is a limited amount we can do.