Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Multiple Item Region Titles

I have a multiple item region of just images. Can I manipulate the title of each item so that it's not 'Item 1',' Item 2'...

I know I can set title="true" but that would require having another field in my region.

Creative Monster

Creative Monster 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What do you want to have for the title?

Image 1, Image 2... in this case, but it could something else in another situation.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's really what the title attribute is for. Have you added the image to the listing? That might make it easier.

But the title attribute is only boolean isn't it? So if I only have a list of images with no text fields, what can be used as the the title?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's why I suggested adding the images to the listing.

I'm not sure I follow?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Have you customised the item listing page to include the ID of your image so that its thumbnail shows up?

Yes, but I don't understand how that helps me set the title in the admin area?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You've got nothing to name your items with, so they'll be named numerically. It helps because you then aren't reliant on that title to be able to find your items for editing.

Okay, then maybe a consideration for a future update? To be able to specify the title rather than rely on a field's input.

e.g. title="Image" or title="Location" then it would just iterate by one for each additional item.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'll give it some thought.