Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Upgrade from Perch 2.2.11

Hello,

I'm just doing some work for a client on 2.2.11 locally (first) and I've upgraded everything to the latest release. Unfortunately most of the many, many assets the client has added to the site are not appearing in the assets panel. This isn't a concern in itself but I am concerned that the auto-clean up will go through and delete all the assets that haven't made it in there.

At the moment only some of the assets appear and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to ones that do and don't (some logos from a 'partners' region have made it in, some haven't for instance). I did start going through every region on the site and hitting update - this makes the assets appear in the panel, however I got to the end of the list of hundreds of regions to find that unless I hit the 'save region' button twice the content didn't actually save.

Are the un-listed assets safe and/or is there a query we can try or something that means I don't have to update all the regions (I've tried re-publish, twice, but this doesn't do the trick either).

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards, Lea.

Lea Chapman

Lea Chapman 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What's the history of the site? Was it new on 2.2.11 or did it come from an older version?

Site launched in November 2012, so will have been an earlier version and will have received very few updates since then (sorry I can't be more help on that one).

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Did it come from Perch 1?

No it would have had Perch 2 from the start.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Then everything should be logged and showing up. Does reindexing do anything?

/perch/core/apps/assets/reindex/

I'm afraid all that did was remove a page assets (now 1 of 5, rather than 1 of 6).

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How are your buckets configured?

Unfortunately no buckets were added on this one - we do bucket everything properly now, but this site missed out on that.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, that's fine, just trying to understand the situation.

Do all the assets exist locally?

The all seem to be in the resources folder yeah, and I don't have any 404's in the local site either (with regards to assets).

I have logged in again to the local site and the assets are still there (on pages) so - I'm not sure how the auto deletion works, but if it's on login it's not deleted the assets that aren't in the Assets panel.

Sorry if that didn't make a lot of sense!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So the only issue is that you can't seem them all in Assets?

It seems to be, which would naturally clear itself up as they go through saving regions in the future. I was initially concerned that the assets clean-up would remove assets not in the panel - if we're happy it's not going to do that I'm happy to ignore the problem ;)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you're really worried you can turn off the resource clean-up with PERCH_CLEAN_RESOURCES

https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/installing-perch/configuration/file/

Thanks for that - never been to that page before, very useful!