Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway

Transferring content

I have a site (started building it in Perch 1, some years ago) and updated most of it to keep updated, using new techniques offered by new versions, now running on Runway.

I still have a bunch of old (physical) pages with galleries of photo's. Now I have changed the setup in a way that these galleries will become multiple entries on a single page and filtered out for showing the right images on the right URL. Easier to maintain and easier to link them to the right page.

Is there a way to transfer the content of the older per-page structure into the new structure? Otherwise I have to place and check 45x18 images all over again.

Olof Fredrikze

Olof Fredrikze 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you mean static pages, or pages managed by a previous version?

Pages managed by the previous version. The template will stay the same (I thought this may be a better option instead of heading over to the Gallery app). I switched from a directory with alle the pages like /album/location.php to album.php?s=location where some htaccess will replace the .php?s= to a single /

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You can import regions into a Collection in Runway - would that work here?

It's hard to give advice as we don't know how your page is built.

Never used 'collections' before. I have to look into that - maybe it is.

What would you like to know about the way it is built to advice me on this?

This is an example of a location (camping) https://www.tendi.nl/bestemmingen/paradiso

This is an example of a album: https://www.tendi.nl/album/paradiso

The .php is stripped from the URL The first one is a single page with all the campings as separate items. When designing the pages, adding so many images to a single file was no option because of the memory consumption while all de items where showed in one long page. That is why all the galleries are put in separate pages. Now this can be split up in single items. This is much easier to maintain.

Thanks