Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway

Reuse a content region

Hi,

After a bit of advice regarding the best way to achieve the below:

I have a panel on the bottom of a website we are working on which contains client logos. Primarily this will be on the homepage but the client wants to have the ability to add it to a page/s of their choice.

Most of the pages on the website use a generic page template which has a number of blocks. I have thought of making it a block, but I'd want it to be a shared region so it can be updated once. Also, not sure the block will work as it will require new content each time the block is selected.

Hope that's clear? Any advice welcome.

Using Perch Runway.

Cheers, Finbar

Nick Capehorn

Nick Capehorn 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'm having trouble parsing this. Can you give an example?

Hi Drew,

At the bottom of the homepage we have a panel which features client logos. It's a region where our client can add logos as they wish.

They also want to have this panel appear on other pages around the site, but at this point I don't know which ones. For example, in the future they may want to create a new page (using a generic page template we have setup) and have the client logos appear, so I need somewhere of switching the panel on and off on a page by page basis.

Does that make sense?

Cheers, F.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If it doesn't have any content, then nothing will display. So it should be safe to add to any page.