Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Blog

Preview button in Blog uses wrong link

Hi

When writing a blog post, I see there is now a preview button - great idea.

The problem is that it needs to go to: sitename/myfolder/myfile.php?s=blah

but instead it goes to: sitename/blog/post.php?s=blah

How do I change the path so that the preview works (changing the site folder and file names isn't an option).

Cheers - Mark

Health check PHP 5.6.32 is up to date MySQL 10.0.31-MariaDB-cll-lve is up to date Image processing available Summary information Perch: 3.0.11, PHP: 5.6.32, MySQL: 10.0.31-MariaDB, with PDO Server OS: Linux, litespeed Installed apps: content (3.0.11), assets (3.0.11), categories (3.0.11), perch_blog (5.6.1), perch_events (1.9.5), perch_gallery (2.8.9) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_blog', 'perch_events', 'perch_gallery', ]; ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/dasolcou/public_html/hamptonwick.org.uk/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/dasolcou/public_html/hamptonwick.org.uk/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/dasolcou/public_html/hamptonwick.org.uk/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 512M, Total max file upload: 100M F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807 Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: www.hamptonwick.org.uk DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/dasolcou/public_html/hamptonwick.org.uk REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
mark buckley

mark buckley 0 points

• 3 years ago
Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Hi,

Have you set the blog path and slug in the perch admin > settings ?

Hi Simopn

Yes, that's fixed it, many thanks for this.

Incidentally, I notice there is also space to enter the events path but not sure what this does as there's no button for previewing an event.

Thanks again.

Cheers - Mark

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's used in the templates to create a link to the event detail page simply.