Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Discussion

How to manage 100s of testimonials

Hello. I'd like some advice on the best way to deal with a testimonials section of a website. The requirements are:

• display 300+ testimonials and counting
  • be able to filter testimonials (by country, so maybe /testimonials/argentina/ or something)
  • be able to paginate (for example 20 per page)
  • don't need an individual page per testimonial as they are short
  • be able to use most recent testimonials on other pages of the website (eg homepage)

Just wondering the best way to accomplish this as I imagine there are a few ways. I'm wondering things like should I integrate with categories for the filter mechanism or just have a dropdown list of countries when testimonials are added in the admin?

Thanks!

Stephen Turvey

Stephen Turvey 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I'd use Collections and Categories. Then Relationships to use them around the site.

Which is what I detail here: https://grabaperch.com/blog/archive/rapid-content-relationships-in-perch-runway

Thanks Rachel. Can that be done with the standard version of Perch or just Runway?

To use collections you must be using Perch Runway... and such a wonderful joy. Runway is such a dream come true.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You need to use Runway, if you are managing 100s of anything you'll want to be using Runway anyway. Regular Perch Content wasn't designed for that use.