Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Dataselect equivelent for checkboxes

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to reuse content entered on a set of pages from one directory (a title; where the Region names are exactly the same) and display them similar to a dataselect field type for the user to select from, the only problem is it needs to be a multi-choice selection.

So my questions are:

• Does dataselect allow selecting more than one option? And does it allow the page path to end in a wildcard?
  • Is there a way to achieve this with checkboxes? And if so could you explain how I might achieve that?
  • And if none of the above apply, is there any other way you can think of to achieve something similar?

Thanks, Phil

Philip Gwynne

Philip Gwynne 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Does dataselect allow selecting more than one option? And does it allow the page path to end in a wildcard?

No, one option only.

Is there a way to achieve this with checkboxes? And if so could you explain how I might achieve that?

The dataselect field is a select field, it doesn't have a checkbox option. You could write your own custom field type to do this.

And if none of the above apply, is there any other way you can think of to achieve something similar?

You can do this with relationships in Runway. Otherwise you'll need to write a custom field type.

Thanks Drew, I'll take a look at the custom field type.

I'm just watching this post for ideas.

RK

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Me too.

Si.

I've had a few goes at the custom field type but to no avail (I'm not very experienced with PHP yet) but from searching online I noticed you'd tried finding someone to do this for you, Simon:

https://www.peopleperhour.com/job/perch-cms-class-php-287592

A bit cheeky I know, but I'd just like to know if you had any luck with the field type? And if so, would you consider allowing me to have a copy of it? I'd pay for it of course!

Thanks, Phil

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It'd be less expensive to upgrade to Runway, wouldn't it?

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

As I recall, I didn't get it successfully working.