Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Perch Adding Unwanted Page Automatically

This is a bit of a weird bug - and perhaps there's an obvious solution, but I'm yet to find it!

I have a site running Perch: www.whitbylifeboat.org.uk

Here is the diagnostic report:

Perch: 2.8.21, PHP: 5.5.30, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $, with PDO
    Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
    Installed apps: content (2.8.21), assets (2.8.21), categories (2.8.21), perch_blog (4.6), perch_gallery (2.8.6)
    App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_gallery', );
    PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
    PERCH_PATH: /home/sites/whitbylifeboat.org.uk/public_html/perch
    PERCH_CORE: /home/sites/whitbylifeboat.org.uk/public_html/perch/core
    PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/sites/whitbylifeboat.org.uk/public_html/perch/resources
    Image manipulation: GD
    PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 64M
    Resource folder writeable: Yes
    HTTP_HOST: www.whitbylifeboat.org.uk
    DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/sites/whitbylifeboat.org.uk/public_html/
    REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
    SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

The Bug

Occassionally, the site will add a new page to the pages list and navigation which has the same name as the URL of the site 'whitbylifeboat.org.uk'. There doesn't appear to be a pattern to when the additional page is created - though it may be triggered by logging into the admin system, but because it doesn't happen every time it's difficult to tell.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Thanks in advance of any suggestions!

Jack Barber

Jack Barber 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Does your hosting enable you to access the site by any other path? Like an IP address plus subfolder?

Hi Drew

thanks for getting back to me. Yes it does, but visiting that address does not appear to trigger the page to be added:

https://79.170.40.33/whitbylifeboat.org.uk/

I've visited that address a few times but the additional page is yet to reappear!

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That would likely be the cause.