Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway

How do I allow access to a directory that's not managed by Runway?

I have a directory /assessment/ that has an index.php file in it. This page is not managed by perch runway.

On my runway admin, I try and add a page (using Master page: local file, /assessment/index.php, so that it could be part of the site's navigation.

I can open the URL /assessment/index.php in a browser, but from the site's navigation, the link /assessment/ results in a 500 error...

Sorry... can't figure it out (and I know it must be easy)

Thanks, Monty

Monty Lewis

Monty Lewis 2 points

• 4 years ago

If your going to have static and dynamic pages in runway then you will have to edit your htaccess.

# Perch Runway
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/perch
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule .* /perch/core/runway/start.php [L]
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Also, if you're getting a 500 status, check your error log to see what the error actually is.

There's nothing in the error log. This is in the access log: I assume that doesn't help.

71.233.175.185 - - [12/Jan/2017:04:38:51 -0800] "GET /assessment/ HTTP/1.1" 200 1256 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_2) AppleWebKit/603.1.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1 Safari/603.1.16"

The access log you show has a 200 status which means the connection and resulting HTML was successful.

I gave up and brought the page into runway. I would like to know what the solution is to adding a page outside runways templating system.