Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration

\r\n\r\n and \n sporadically in layouts after moving database from one server to...

Having trouble figuring this out...

Using just the simple export function from my local development server to create an sql file, after uploading that file to my deployment server, I'm seeing \n's when I go to load pages. Using the 'Republish Pages' button takes care of all of the occurrences covered by perch_content, but I still have \r\n\r\n characters on every line break in my descHML text field in the Blog app. Resaving the post does not get rid of them, and there are a lot of posts, so I'd love to see if there's a solution out there.

I don't think it has to do with version of php, but locally I have 5.6.28, on the deployment server, 5.6.26. In the slack group, there was discussion about it happening when the versions were the same on both servers.

Thanks, Monty

Monty Lewis

Monty Lewis 2 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You should examine what's happening with your export/import process. I think that's where the problem lies rather than anything to do with Perch.

ok. Anything you can point me toward?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, the export and import.

If you find something that points to Perch as a cause or contributing cause, be sure to come back and I'll absolutely see what we can do to help. But it really sounds like something unrelated to Perch.

Sorry. I meant is there anything that comes to mind regarding the import and export that might lead to these line return characters being added as text? I understand that perch is probably not involved.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

This sounds like an issue with import - a more general web development forum, or StackOverflow would be a better place to post.