Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Hosting, Members

Change password not working on Windows server

This has been posted before but no solution was found. The user simply hosted on Linux instead.

I have the same problem having moved from a Linux development server to a live Windows server.

On linux the change password works fine on Windows you get this error; "Bad authenticator path Array ([old_password] => valid)"

See here for old forum post; https://support.grabaperch.com/index.php?pg=forums.posts&id=10268&pc=4

Martin Elliff

Martin Elliff 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What problem are you actually having? Where are you trying to change your password?

It would say the old password was invalid.

I have just done the debugging and found the problem in the PerchMembers_Auth.class.php. On Windows the authenticator_path is a mixture of \ and / for the path and the user path is all \ so I added a str_replace to the condition statement to allow it to overcome the problem. e.g.

authenticator_path = C:\Website\perch/addons/apps/perch_members/authenticators/ user_path = C:\Website\perch\addons\apps\perch_members\authenticators\

quick fix = if (substr($user_path, 0, strlen($this->authenticator_path)) == str_replace('/', '\', $this->authenticator_path)) {

(there are two backslashes in the replace but your forum strips out one of them as it is an escape character probably)

That is probably not the best place to put the fix but it solves the issue.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You're talking about Members app? Then yes, that's already been fixed. It'll be in the next update.

I am still experiencing this with the password.html template and have the latest version of Runway and the Members app. I am testing on a Windows box as well.