Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Runway

Perch Runway with Foundation - Negative Margin Problem, Nested Rows?

Hi there!

I'm using Perch Runway with Foundation 5 (plan to upgrade to 6 in the near future).

I've been having a real problem with some mystery right margin on small mobile screens (safari). I've understand that nested rows can cause this. However after lots of combing and testing, it appears that my problem relates to calling a perch template.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a standard for writing Perch templates with Foundation?

The one thing that's really puzzling me is that when I delete the contents of the template, but keep the php in my code, I still have this problem, even though the template is blank.

i.e. When I remove

<?php perch_mailchimp_form('subscribe.html'); ?>

from my page, the margin goes away. When I add it back, even though subscribe.html is blank, I get the margin.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Olympia Kyriakides

Olympia Kyriakides 1 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you View Source on the page that Perch outputs, what is different to what you would expect? You have full control of your templates in Perch so you need to isolate using browser tools etc. where the problem is and then you can find out which template you need to edit.

Thanks Rachel!

Wow, it was the width of the debug table outputting at the bottom of my pages--no wonder it was connected to Perch! I'd never even considered it!!

Thank you for suggesting that I take another look a browser tools (a previous dead end). No more lost sleep over this!!