Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Using a CDN with Perch

I've been using various page optimisation tools, including YSlow and it has told me that cookies are being sent with every image request however as I am using HTTPS I need to have a permanent redirect (so I believe) which means I cannot use for example www.static.example.com to host images for www.example.com

Having said that, I found this page:

https://docs.grabaperch.com/perch/building/integrations/using-cdnify/

however those plans are quite expensive so I was wondering if those instructions would be similar for any other CDN. In addition, I'd be interested to know how it may or may not work in relation to development via localhost

Thanks for any advice.

Garth Holmes

Garth Holmes 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Perch Runway has built in cloud storage and CDN support, allowing you to use a range of solutions. You might be able to use other providers like CDNify but we don't have any specific instructions.

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for writing back.

Would you be able to tell me if either Perch CMS or Perch Runway is able to be configured for use with Google App engine?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I don't have any experience with it, but if it meets the requirements try the compatibility test and see.

Thanks again for replying.

Are you saying there is a web page I can go to test if a particular CDN is compatible with Perch or do I merely need to find similar details as per Perch documentation I previously linked to?

Maybe I am not understanding, but it seems the configuration in the documentation doesn't require a username or password to be used so is it able to work on the basis that Perch knows the url in question.

I have seen a few sites like this that give similar instructions so is the priciple the same regardless?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

App Engine is a hosting platform, not a CDN. Could you clarify what you're trying to do?

Hi Drew,

I've done some research, and I believe I can serve images from a subdomain however I am not sure how to go about this in terms of the config.php file, which I will create another post for.

Thank you