Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation, Hosting

Is it possible to get pre5.3 compatible version of Perch?

We're in a process of moving our client from old host (5.2.6) to new one (5.4). I just noticed that Perch 2.5 has minimum requirement of 5.2. We need to deploy some changes ASAP (to the old host), before we proceed with migration. Is it possible to get previous version of Perch to run on the 5.2 host during the transition period (even a trial would do - it should not take more than a month or two to finish the migration)?

BTW: Even though it caused us problems I think it was a really good decision to bump minimum PHP version to 5.3.

Simon Jones

Simon Jones 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'm a bit confused - do they already have a Perch license?

Yes, we have Perch license. But 2.5 license. And we noticed the 5.3 dependency just now.

We're moving their old CMS to new host. The CMS is fragile and not very secure. Therefore we chose to use Perch to add features to the already existing pages.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is the site already built? I've never done an assessment of what might happen running a current database schema with an old version of the code.

We're willing to try that :) It's really simple. And most of it is code (using perch_content_create).

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, raise a private ticket and I'll see what we can do.