Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Runway

Assets being deleted

I've recently updated a Perch Runway site from 2.7.4 to 2.7.8, but I woke up this morning to most of the assets being deleted! Luckily I have a backup so I've restored the files to the resources folder and they work on the frontend of the website but they are not listed in 'Assets' and I'm afraid they will be deleted again. What can I do?

Brad Hardinge

Brad Hardinge 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Maybe turn it off for now in you your config.php file:

define('PERCH_CLEAN_RESOURCES', false);

Would you be able to send me a copy of your pre-update database backup?

I updated the local version of the website first which worked successfully so I then uploaded files and imported database to the live server so I don't have a database backup.

Looking at the local and live databases, it seems the main difference is the number of records in the perch2_resources table. (542 local and 199 live). The client has added more assets since putting live so I can't even overwrite the database now... Anything I can do?

Also, I got the same error messages as here (https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/01-19-2015-error-messages-after-upgrade-276-to-278) when I updated the local website. Used the force update I saw in another thread which seemed to work fine. The local version of the website still has all assets listed and didn't try and clean up any files - only the live server?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you have a perch2_resource_log table in your database?

Yes, there are 284 records in it.

Local version of database here: (removed)

Live version of database here: (removed)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Thanks, I've grabbed those and edited out the links.

Hi Drew,

Just to add to this...

I had a similar issue on my development server - all the assets were auto deleted (files actually deleted), as I mentioned here: https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/01-18-2015-assets-deleted

I added the following to my staging server to prevent them also being deleted on there:

define('PERCH_CLEAN_RESOURCES', false);

However, last night I noticed the assets were no longer showing up in the Assets page on Perch. The actual files, however, haven't been deleted.

I'm about to go live with this site and a bit concerned about this.