Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Getting Runway to work on Localhost without Licence

Hi,

I have a few Runway sites now, all of which started on localhost with Mamp Pro. I am just starting another, and can not get this up and running, the only difference is that I do not own a licence for this project yet. The client wants to see a couple of concepts before approving a direction. Hence why I do not wish to spend the money here and now.

I have not done anything different to my licenced sites, in fact, I have reinstalled a few times, just in case something went wrong.

I can load the backend, in this case stokesleytowncouncil.loc/perch. However, when I try to view the outputted page, stokesleytowncouncil.loc displays an error "You don't have permission to access / on this server."

I find it really odd that this does not work as smoothly as a site with a purchased licence?

It seems to have something to do with the index.php file which is supplied as part of the install?

Help would be very appreciated

htacess file

# Perch Runway
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/perch
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule .* /perch/core/runway/start.php [L]

PHP Error

[21-Jan-2018 15:11:18 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/Users/Grant/Sites/119-Stokesley-Council/public/core/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.1.8/lib/php') in /Users/Grant/Sites/119-Stokesley-Council/public/index.php on line 3

Code from index.php

<?php
    // This is just a placeholder. All core files are in /core for easy updating.
    include(dirname(__FILE__).'/core/index.php');

Diagnostic

Perch Runway: 3.0.13, PHP: 7.1.8, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: b396954eeb2d1d9ed7902b8bae237b287f21ad9e $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.13), assets (3.0.13), categories (3.0.13)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /Users/Grant/Sites/119-Stokesley-Council/public/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Users/Grant/Sites/119-Stokesley-Council/public/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/Grant/Sites/119-Stokesley-Council/public/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: stokesleytowncouncil.loc
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/Grant/Sites/119-Stokesley-Council/public
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Grant Smith

Grant Smith 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

This sounds like a web server error message and nothing to do with licensing.

Hi Drew,

I'm sure your right, I just find it odd that sites with a licence, that are on the same server, are working fine?

The PHP error log does seem to have an issue with the index.php though, code provided above…

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The only licensing error is when trying to log in you'll get a message saying that the license isn't valid for the domain.

If you're seeing anything else then it's not licensing related.

Does the folder you're trying to access have an index.php ?

Yes, perch / index.php

I haven't edited anything as yet, this is a fresh install of runway

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

This path looks wrong, from the error /Users/Grant/Sites/119-Stokesley-Council/public/core/index.php

The core folder should be inside your perch folder.

/Users/Grant/Sites/119-Stokesley-Council/public/perch/core/index.php

I can see from your Diagnostics you haven't renamed it. Your path to Perch is wrong? If not your server is misconfigured and you'll need to seek support from Mamp for that. This has nothing to do with licensing.