Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Runway

Runway and perch pages navigation

Hi

I am trying to update a perch 2 site to perch runway.

in a structure that has /about/index.php /about/company.php etc i am having trouble with both the routing and the page_navigation

in the /about/index.php i set the path=/about parent page to top level and i see the mater template = /about/index.php

when i try and add /about/company.php i set the path to /about and the parent page to /about so i can keep the page_navigation The problem is that when i do this i do not see the master page /about/company.php all i see is /about/index.php so the page is blank.

is there a trick to using runway with a folder that may have 10 different pages in it,

i can get it to work if i if i choose parent page= top level then create a navigation group but you end up having 10 individual pages in the backend rather that having an about section with the pages listed under that.

Regards,

Brett

Brett Warne

Brett Warne 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You should set the path to be the primary URI you want the page to respond to. So if the page is /about/company set it to /about/company with a parent page of /about

Thanks Drew, That makes sense but when you do that you do not see the master template.

lets say you have a page - /about/company/index.php you want to keep the same structure so you add /about/company/index.php to your template/pages folder.

If you do set the path to /about/company and choose /about as the parent page all you see is the /about page template note the /about/company template, you need to set the parent page to top level so that you can choose the /about/company/index.php template.

When you do this, you lose the perch navigation and you don't have the page structure in the cms, all pages are listed individually.

Regards,

Brett

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you set master page restrictions for child pages on the about page? It's in the page options. That will limit which master pages are available for new subpages.

Thanks Drew, did not know that restricted the child pages.

Thanks for your help.