Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Forms

Radio buttons in Public Forms

Drew. Is there a known problem with radio inputs on public forms?

I ask because no matter how I format them in a form, the options attribute never renders multiple inputs. I have to do each input.

When ever I have a problem I always take a sample right from the docs and paste it into my templates and can often resolve myself, but these tricky radio inputs are giving me trouble.

I've not posted any template because even the sample code on the docs page won't render properly.

Could you try in your setup if radio inputs is broken?

Thanks

Robert Ketter

Robert Ketter 103 points

• 5 years ago

UPDATE:

Ok, So the Radio Inputs work in Edit, but not in Public Forms.

I am going to go back to the books and see if I missed something, Because I would swear I had everything right.

I am going to blame it on the SNOW... I have 6 feet deep on the roof of my home.... Mostly because Snow Drifts and Super High Winds.

UPDATE # 2:

So, When I create a Public Form displayed with perch_form('my_fancy_form.html') using the following:

<perch:input id="fancyFancy" type="radio" label="What's your Fancy" options="This,That,Other" />

I get (3) radio select buttons in the Perch Admin (using content namespace), but if I use the exact same in a Public Form, I get (1) radio select button.

I have to use (3) <perch:input type="radio"... in public form to get the same result.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, there's a known problem - it's been fixed and will be in the next release. There were a couple of threads about it a few days back.