Forum

Thread tagged as: Runway

Republishing

Hi,

We are currently using Perch, and due to the size of our site, have problems with republishing when a template is changed - it takes very big amount of resources and time. It would be somewhat better if we could republish regions that use just a specific template, but unfortunately this is not possible.

I understand that Perch Runway is designed with bigger sites in mind, so I was just wondering if this would be a non-problem if we upgraded to Perch Runway?

Thanks, Mark

Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher 0 points

• 2 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Possibly - what's the reason for republishing? If you had more content in collections and less in regions that republishing might not even be necessary.

Changing the template mainly. Also I think we may have needed to do it once or twice when changing PerchFieldType_custom::get_raw(). Ah yes, I see that collections might help. But there's no facility to say republish just regions that use a certain template, for example?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There's not. Republishing shouldn't take more than a second or so under normal circumstances, but it might if you have overloaded multiple item regions.

Yeah, it takes us a bit longer than that. Some of our regions have upwards of 350 items.