Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Perch content type="select" takes data entry field(s) from first option only

I'd have thought that whatever I selected from the list, would show as perch data entry fields but this is not the case.

Why?

Garth Holmes

Garth Holmes 1 points

• 6 years ago

Garth, I am pretty sure were going to need some template examples to understand whats happening here.

Please show us what your using in your template, whats happening and what you were expecting to happen.

Code sample is the best way to troubleshoot this.

Robert Ketter

Hi Robert,

I appreciate your reply.

I did submit a private ticket but there was no response so is there an issue with raising a private ticket?

Saying that, I only referenced the thread but I was expecting an auto-reply unto which I could reply.

Personally, I would like to see a more formal support mechanism rather than something which resembles a chat applet however I might try submitting code there as I really do not wish to publish it on the forum.

Thank you for your concern.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The forum is the place to get official help. It's the primary support location. Private tickets are just email, and you'll be invited to raise one when necessary. (They're actually much worse for code - there's no formatting options.)

The primary thing we need to be able to help is a clear description of your problem.

I've put the question another way.

Continue here:

https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/01-30-2015-perch-content-type-select