Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway

The URL of new pages in Perch Runway

I have a page called "Refugee Response" which has the URL /refugee-response. It's a top level page. It used to be called "refugee-crisis-response".

When I create sub pages for this page, they still have "/refugee-crisis-response" at the start of their full URL. I can obviously edit this, but I'd like my URLs to be consistent, and for things to be simple for the client when they add a sub page.

Is there somewhere that the old URL is being stored and picked up when I create a sub page? Could I change it in the database? Is there a reason why it can't just pick up the URL of its parent pages at the time the page is created?

Paul Bell

Paul Bell 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What's the Path set to in Page Options?

The path of the top level page is "/refugee-response".

If I create a child page called "Test" by clicking "New Subpage" next to the Refugee response page, that page has the path "/refugee-crisis-response/test"

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That sounds completely implausible, yet here we are!

Was the site upgraded from Perch by any chance?

No, it was a straight install of Runway from the start. Is there any chance that it's picking up the old path from the version history/undo history somewhere? Given that that was once the path for the page until I changed it. (Sorry if that's a silly suggestion - I'm baffled too). I'm on 2.8.18 I think.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

First thing to do would be to upgrade to the latest Runway.

If it is still happening then, post your Diagnostics.