Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Runway

Runway and Search

Hi

I am almost finished updating my clients perch 2 to Runway site. I have learned a lot during this process but i am stuck on search.

I copied my perch 2 search files over which used

<?php 
             $query = perch_get('q');
    perch_content_search($query, array(
        'count'=>10,
        'no-conflict' => true,
        'excerpt-chars'=>300,
        'hide-default-doc' => true,

));
      ?>

I get no results, if i take out, no-conflict=true i get results.

When i get results i can use the results_uri to get to runway pages, ie /products.

I can not get to products/widgets/rubbers as i have created a collection for products and used a url pattern to re direct the detail page. i get a results_url of Products All which appears to be the name of the collection. If i go to the collection and page details i can set up a URL for individual search items . /products/all/?s={slug}

I can not do this on the events page. the result_url add the /events/event.php?s= and there does not appear anywhere to remove it. You get a 404 when you click on it.

Is there any tricks to getting the search results the same as the URL patterns? You can use slugs with them so it works really well.

Regards,

Brett

Brett Warne

Brett Warne 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

no-conflict is not currently working correctly. It's something I'm looking into.

Hi

What about the setting for individual search items for the events pages.

Regards

Brett

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You mean for the Events app?

Hi Drew, yes for the event app.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Have you changed the event detail path on the Settings page?

Thanks that worked, i will say that search is a bit messy with runway.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Messy in what way?

Hi

You just need to think about all the routes you are adding to your site, you change blog and events in site settings but anything else in the page url for single items in the search section. Also if you dont delete the regions after you import into a collection they all come up in the search results but you get errors when you click on the search result.

Its not impossible but you need a good understanding of how Runway works to make search work

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I think that's more of a factor of upgrading, which is always going to be a slightly more involved process.

Building a site from new wouldn't have those issues.