Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Forms, Members

client editable form fields / dynamic forms

I wanted to check if these were possible before suggesting Perch for a project. I'm not after code examples, just whether they would be achievable with Perch and the official add-ons.

Can I use data from another page on a form? For example, a page has a list of people in a region - can I use this list to populate a select field in a Perch form? The idea being that whenever the region is updated, the select field in the form will update with the new list.

Can forms change depending on the page they are on? For example on a list/detail set up where each detail page has its own title. Can the title be added as hidden field in the form so that data is sent along with the form entry? The with goal this is to have one form template that can be used on every detail page and utilise information from the page it is displayed on.

If I have the members app installed, and a member is signed in, would it be possible to autofill values on form fields (e.g. their name/address) using fields from their member profile? If they are not signed in, then the fields would be blank without preset values.

Is it possible to include the number of a form entry when it is emailed (e.g. form entry number 7)?

For emailing form entries, is it possible to send out multiple emails using different templates? In the docs I can see I can use a template for the email and another for the autoresponse. Can a third email be sent using another template?

Tom Bedford

Tom Bedford 3 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

For example, a page has a list of people in a region - can I use this list to populate a select field in a Perch form?

Yes, you can do that.

Can the title be added as hidden field in the form so that data is sent along with the form entry?

Yes, this is already sent with the form.

If I have the members app installed, and a member is signed in, would it be possible to autofill values on form fields (e.g. their name/address) using fields from their member profile?

Yes, that's possible.

Is it possible to include the number of a form entry when it is emailed (e.g. form entry number 7)?

What does the number relate to?

For emailing form entries, is it possible to send out multiple emails using different templates?

It would be possible to do that, but it's not something the Forms app does at the moment.

Thanks for all of that info Drew, it sounds like I would be able to do exactly what is needed. The extra emails templates aren't crucial but would be useful.

What does the number relate to?

The number would be a count of form entries that have been submitted, i.e. if 29 entries have been submitted previously, the next entry would be number 30. Really just a unique number for each form that can be stored and sent with the email.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If it needs to be guaranteed sequential, then no. If it just needs to be unique then that's probably not a problem.