Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Configuration

License invalid for staging and production domains

Hi,

Perch is saying my license key is invalid for my staging and production domains. However, the license key in my config is correct, and the domains in question are definitely enabled in the account admin.

I have a feeling I'm missing something simple, but I'd appreciate any help diagnosing the issue.

Thank you!

Jeremy Heilpern

Jeremy Heilpern 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What does the error message say? That should indicate how your server is presenting itself.

It's just the license key error message from the login form.

Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain. Log into your Perch account and add the following as your live or testing domain: [my domain]

However, the domain is correct in my account settings, and the license key is correct in my config. Is there anything else that might be causing the problem?

I should note that the config is identical in all three environments, but I'm only able to login in dev.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The crucial part of the error message is [my domain] - which you've edited out. I can't help with no information.

I sent you the information directly on slack--hopefully that's okay. Didn't feel comfortable sharing the client's domains here.

To anybody else who has a similar issue:

It was a problem with the PHP version. We were running an old version of Perch (v. 2.8.32) on PHP 7.

Downgrading our PHP version to 5.6.30 worked as a temporary fix, but ultimately we'll be upgrading Perch.

Thanks for the help, Drew!