Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Configuration, Hosting

php safe mode problem

Hi Guys,

i got a problem with a clients site. When i try to access perch, the following error-message occurs:

"Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1180 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /var/www/web21/html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 9"

Is this a perch related problem or a misconfiguration by the hoster?

Thanks for your help Manuel

Manuel Hügel

Manuel Hügel 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's a server misconfiguration.

Sorry to bother you again, but the hosting company does not really care about the situation. could you specify about the misconfiguration? Here is the php-info: https://www.restaurantpanoramic.de/info.php (or is it just turning of that safe mode?). Sadly i got no control about the php.ini or similar and cant try things my self.

Thanks.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

PHP can't save any session data because the folder it saves into has restricted permissions. This is nothing to do with Perch, it's just a server misconfiguration. Only the most basic scripts that don't persist sessions will work.

It's not something you can fix from userland. If the hosting company don't care, then they sound like a really bad hosting company to be relying on.

Alright, i'll talk to them again / suggest my client to switch the hosting company. Thank you for your time!