Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

youTube extension

Hi

I am getting a blank screen after submitting a youTube url into a post.

Here is the template:

<perch:if exists="introduction">
<section class="sectionWrapper">
        <div class="container">
            <div class="sectionLabel">
                <perch:content id="introduction" type="textarea" label="Content 1/3 grid" markdown="true" editor="markitup" size="s"/>
            </div>

<div class="sectionContent">
                <perch:content id="video" type="youtube" label="YouTube video URL" output="embed" width="1000"/>
            </div>

</div>

</section>
</perch:if>

Here are my diagnostics

Perch: 2.7.10, PHP: 5.4.34-0+deb7u1, MySQL: 5.5.40, with PDO Server OS: Linux, apache2handler Installed apps: content (2.7.10), assets (2.7.10), categories (2.7.10), perch_blog (4.5.4), perch_forms (1.8.2) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', 'perch_blog' ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/adammench/public/declutterme.london/public/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/adammench/public/declutterme.london/public/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/adammench/public/declutterme.london/public/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 200M, Max POST 24M, Memory: 200M, Total max file upload: 24M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: declutterme.london DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/adammench/public/declutterme.london/public/ REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Other areas of the site work well, it seems it is the youtube content type that is crashing the perch back end.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam

Adam Menczykowski

Adam Menczykowski 1 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you are getting a "blank screen" then you have a PHP error. Is this the same site as the other one we've asked for the error log for?

Please post the actual errors from the error log.

I'm getting this error in Perch after trying to save with the youtube:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/adammench/public/declutterme.london/public/perch/addons/fieldtypes/youtube/youtube.class.php on line 217

I guess it's because I saved the post locally originally, but when I merged DB and files to server then tried to save another youtube post it needs curl which my server might not have? Will check

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, you need curl on your server.

That did it! CURL installation fixed the problem.

It was problematic initially because I wasn't getting error reporting from PHP. Now I am after editing my php.ini file.

Thanks