Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Missing a Collection on Live Site

Hello,

It appears one of my client's website is having an odd issue with a collection when logged into and viewing it from the admin. On the front end, the webpage is still displaying fine.

I have a duplicate of the website on my local environment and when I navigate to the collection it displays all data as expected. However, on the live environment when I navigate to the collection everything displays except for the data. Its a blank white page. I tried to re-upload the template used for the collection, but no help there. I checked the error log for the live site after navigating to the collection and I only see this:

[02-Feb-2018 12:46:53 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function catTitle() on boolean in /home1/ichernan/public_html/goodestemacademy/cms/core/lib/PerchFieldTypes.class.php on line 2547

Not sure what to make of this, but any guidance is appreciated.

Here is my diagnostics report summary (let me know if you need the full report):

Perch Runway: 3.0.14, PHP: 5.6.32, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (3.0.14), assets (3.0.14), categories (3.0.14), perch_blog (5.6), redfinch_logger (1.0.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'perch_blog', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /cms
PERCH_PATH: /home1/ichernan/public_html/goodestemacademy/cms
PERCH_CORE: /home1/ichernan/public_html/goodestemacademy/cms/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home1/ichernan/public_html/goodestemacademy/cms/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 64M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home1/ichernan/public_html/goodestemacademy
HTTP_HOST: goodestemacademy.org
REQUEST_URI: /cms/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /cms/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Joshua Rodriguez

Joshua Rodriguez 2 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Has the client been deleting categories perhaps?

Ah-ha, I compared my local copy with the live, and it looks like they did change one of the department categories, but it looks like they might have tried to change the name/title back to the original, but the slug did not change back.

I deleted and recreated the category, and both the title and slug look correct now. Problem is that my collection is still blank in the admin.

If I go to the collection options and remove Department Directory from the "Item list columns" field and save, all the collection data reappears. If I go back and add Department Directory again, I have a blank page again as well. Any ideas?

Here's the template of this collection:

<perch:content id="prefix" type="select" allowempty="true" options="Mr,Ms,Miss,Mrs,Dr" label="Prefix" />
<perch:content id="fname" type="text" label="First Name" required="true" />
<perch:content id="lname" type="text" label="Last Name" required="true" />
<perch:content id="nslug" type="slug" editable="false" suppress="true" for="fname lname" />

<perch:content id="uprofile" type="image" label="Profile Image" bucket="profiles" width="180" height="180" crop="true" />
<perch:content id="utitle" type="text" label="Title" required="true" />
<perch:content id="ubio" type="textarea" label="Biography" editor="redactor" html="true" bucket="profiles-bio" />

<perch:content id="ulocation" type="text" label="Room or Location" divider-before="Contact Details" />
<perch:content id="email" type="text" label="Email Address" />
<perch:content id="uphone" type="text" label="Phone Number" divider-after="Staff Category" />

<perch:categories id="direct" label="Staff Directory" set="staff-directory" required="true" notes-before="Select where this user should be listed in the staff directory and the department directory." />
<perch:categories id="depart" label="Department Directory" set="departments" divider-after="Departments" />

<perch:categories id="sub-acad" label="Academics" set="academics" display-as="checkboxes" notes-before="Select all the categories this user is associated with for any department(s)." />
<perch:categories id="sub-educ" label="Educational Support" set="educational-support" display-as="checkboxes" />
<perch:categories id="sub-athl" label="Clubs & Athletics" set="clubs-athletics" display-as="checkboxes" />
<perch:categories id="sub-main" label="Maintenance" set="maintenance" display-as="checkboxes" />

<perch:content id="Name" type="composite" for="fname lname" title="true" />
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Recreating the category won't necessarily help if the issue is that an expected category has been deleted. I'm not sure if that's the case, or why it should be the case if indeed it is, but that's where the signs appear to be pointing from the information I have.