Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, MailChimp

MailChimp subscriber update?

Hi, I have installed the mailchimp add-on and it seems to be working fine. It is on a live server and the webhooks have been set up successfully. I also imported subscribers and a campaign.

My question is after I get new subscribers, should my subscriber list on the perch side automatically update via the webhooks? As it is now it will anly update the new subscribers if I click on the import button.

So what happens is I use the subscribe form on my site, It goes through fine and the subscriber shows at mailchimp. Then in order for it to show on the perch side I have to click the import button. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Shawn North

Shawn North 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, that's what the web hooks should do. Are you seeing any webhook errors at the MailChimp end?

No, when I go to the webhooks section of mailchimp I see the 4 configured webhooks.

/addons/apps/perch_mailchimp/webhooks/subscribe.php?perch=..... /addons/apps/perch_mailchimp/webhooks/unsubscribe.php?perch=.... /addons/apps/perch_mailchimp/webhooks/upemail.php?perch=.... /addons/apps/perch_mailchimp/webhooks/campaign.php?perch=....

Strange because everything except that is working fine. My form posts the new subscriber to mailchimp. But they will only show on the perch side if I click the import button. Campaigns show up also after import.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's curious. The MailChimp app has been solid for months, and then in the last week we've seen three different issues all crop up. It's like MailChimp has changed something.

I don't have an immediate answer, but I'm looking into it.

Did some more testing and confirmed that campaigns will automatically update on the perch side via the webhook.

So its just the new subscribers that are not updating automatically.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you get any errors in your PHP log?

No, the last error logged was Jan 18 I did not have it installed at that time.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, thanks. I'll see what I can find.

Hello,

Just wondering if there has been an update or a solution found for this issue, as I'm experiencing the same issue now. I have a few clients that were previously using the app too, that are also on standby.

If there is an update to be made to the MailChimp App, could the below issue from about a year ago be addressed as well please? I submitted two posts to the forum about a year ago, and the last time was informed that it was something that needed to be updated in the App, not Perch. So just hoping...

https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/03-09-2015-hiding-mailchimp-in-cms-navigation

Thank you, Joshua