Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Third-party

Pasting Leadpages script into Perch

Hi, we use a thing called Leadpages which allows us to have a button which people click, enter the email address and a specific brochure is sent to them. This allows us to capture leads for potential customers.

We wanted the buttons on our website and can do this by pasting the code below. After 1 save, the button looks ok and works on the site but if we were to edit the page again and resave, the script is removed and the button changes to a plain text link. Is there any way to get around this? Or everytime we edit a page with a button, do we have to repaste the code?

Thank you

<script src="//static.leadpages.net/leadboxes/current/embed.js" async defer></script> <button data-leadbox-popup="146d6e573f72a2:14fe272c4f46dc" style="background: #32C88C;border-color: #32C88C;border-radius: 0px;color: #FFFFFF;display: inline-block;vertical-align: middle;padding: 16px 32px;min-width: 192px;border: 1px solid #32C88C;font-size: 1rem;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align: center;outline: 0;line-height: 1;cursor: pointer;-webkit-transition: background 0.3s, color 0.3s, border 0.3s;transition: background 0.3s, color 0.3s, border 0.3s;">Click here to subscribe</button> 
Beth Leach

Beth Leach 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you show us the template you're using?

Hey Drew, sorry could you clarify which template you mean please?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The template used for that content in Perch, from perch/templates/content

Not 100% sure, but for that page the template is Expanding Content?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We need to see the template to be able to help. Did you build this site? If not you need to get the person who did to take a look.

I can't see anywhere on here to upload a picture to show you the template? Could you let me know how to show you the template please? No we didn't build the site, our designers and their developers did. I emailed on 27th Jan and said our designers aren't sure what to do and told us to contact Perch and in the response I was told to post on this forum

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We need to the see the code of the template rather than a picture of it.

Perch technical support is for the person building the site rather than using it. You should speak to your developers. If they can't figure it out we can help them.